Featured Consumer Resources
- The Virtual Museum of Bacteria
- Provides pictures of campylobacter bacteria, and links to other photo sources, fact sheets, lectures, and scientific sites about campylobacter jejuni and other species.
- Kids Health for Parents: Campylobacter Infections
- Offers general information on Campylobacter infections, its signs and symptoms as well as information on how to identify if a child is suffering from foodborne illness.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency: Campylobacter information
- Fact sheet on Campylobacter infection, including symptoms, risks, and what producers are doing to try to protect consumers.
- The “Bad Bug” Book: Campylobacter jejuni
- This online handbook provides basic facts about Campylobacter jejuni, and brings together in one place information from the FDA, CDC, National Institutes of Health, and the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service. IT IS AN EXCELLENT RESOURCE THAT WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- Centers for Disease Control: Frequently Asked Questions about Campylobacter jejuni
- Answers questions such as: How common is Campylobacter? What sort of germ is Campylobacter? How is the infection diagnosed? How does food or water get contaminated with Campylobacter? What can be done to prevent the infection? What are public health agencies doing to prevent or control campylobacteriosis?